2014 was the year I really started trying to do more of the things that make me happy. Specifically, I decided to really, really give this writing thing a go.
- I pitched a fully realized YA novel to a group of editors in New York and came away with three requests for the full manuscript.
- I published seven fanfics, three adult novels, one adult novella and two short stories.Total word count – somewhere well above 500,000. Go me!
- I blogged five days a week on two different platforms. I Tweeted, I Facebooked. I Tumblred, but not as much as I probably should have. I social media-d myself like crazy.
- I had four blog posts go seriously viral (on another platform, not this one) and got featured on a nationally syndicated site over a dozen times.
All in all, it was a pretty good year, writing-wise.
For 2015, I’m hoping to accomplish the following:
- Publish book 3 of the Seeder Saga. That will be happening shortly.
- Write a contemporary adult romance. This one will be partly set in Samoa, and yes, he’ll be a hot islander guy and she’ll be steaming up the sand and surf with him. Yeah, baby.
- Publish book one of my next trilogy, a wild fantasy tale about a girl with a very special gift, and the man who can’t get her out of his mind.
- Publish a novella about a girl who takes a get-away-from-it-all trip to Ireland. I plan to research this personally. 🙂
- Publish at least three more of my short stories as free reads.
- Finish my YA trilogy. Books two and three are screaming to get out. I need to rework book one a bit, too – and then I’ll be pitching it again and again. If I don’t hit paydirt via the traditional route by year’s end, I’m publishing it myself.
And between all that, I’ll be freelancing and trying to work a day job and take care of my kids and maybe, somehow, actually have a social life. I’m not holding my breath on that last one.
So that’s the plan for the year, so far. Let’s hope I can hold to it.
Happy New Year, everyone!